Maple Mustard Ginger Dressing
By Susan Sink of tarheelfoodie.com
This dressing is great as a spread for sandwiches or as a dressing on a salad with beets, apple or pears. With a few adjustments it works well as a creamy dressing for cole slaw, potato salad or shrimp salad. This recipe makes a small amount for up to four people.
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard (most similar to a whole grain Dijon but not as strong)
- 3-4 teaspoons maple syrup, grade B or C if possible.
- 1 teaspoon fresh pink ginger, finely chopped or homemade maple candied ginger (recipe on the Tarheel Foodie website)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Murray River Flake Salt or Himalayan salt
- 4 turns of a pepper mill using four peppercorn blend
· Optional - 2-3 teaspoons Wallaby European style sour cream
Using a small whisk, blend the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and ginger. If you want to add olive oil, you can add a bit. If you want a creamy dressing to use with cole slaw, potatoes or shrimp, add a couple of teaspoons of Wallaby brand European style sour creme. Season at the end with salt and pepper as the oil or sour cream will dilute all of the flavors.